Thursday, August 19, 2010

Keep your eyes out for the lurker

I often shop in many thrift stores in our area and usually see familiar faces.  I suppose we are there for the same common interest, treasure hunting.  If you are a regular at second-hand shopping you will be familiar with my experience.
The other day I was browsing and holding a picture and inspecting it when I noticed the lurker near by.  My mind starts racing, does this person want this? and why? what's it worth?  and if I put this down then my chance is over, they will get it.   The pressure starts to kick in and I have to make the choice but am are still unsure. 
My way to  handle  a situation like this is to make sure that I am not in that situation.  Have a shopping cart with you at all times and anything that catches your eye, simply toss it in the cart.  After you have shopped then weed out the good from the bad, usually by this time the lurker has given up and you have been a smart shopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment